To create products that are beautifully designed,
functional, and delightful.
- Years of product management experience launching and improving
software at Google along with experience personally creating
products as an entrepreneur.
- An education in library science in addition to
computer science that brings a unique perspective to projects.
Principal, Mermodynamics (2010 – present)
Product Manager, Google (2005 – 2010)
Google Book Search (2005 – 2007)
- Oversaw user experience, search quality, metadata,
and library facing features.
- Created the world's largest downloadable digital book
repository by providing PDFs for public domain books.
- Led design of tools to automatically extract structural
information, keywords, citations, and common phrase re-use
from books along with reviews and references from the web to produce
book reference pages.
- Increased library books available to users from single digits to millions
through the launch of public domain and in-copyright books
scanned from libraries.
- Launched corpus browsing features to enable exploration of
books beyond search.
- Owned media and photo features.
- Grew daily photo uploads 5x over the year to become the largest photo sharing site in the
world by volume. Doubled photo-related pageviews.
- Launched photo comments (leading to millions of
comments added per day) and other features to scale the
photo experience: albums, bulk uploader and editor, reordering,
higher upload limits.
- Determined product direction for the web browser
and media applications in the Cupcake, Donut, and Eclair releases.
- Drastically reduced end-user latency of the camera and web browser through interface redesigns and performance improvements focused on the most common use cases.
Cofounder, Consumating.com (2003 – 2005)
- Sold to CNet in 2005.
- Co-created dating site that was a first to use tags for communication and search.
Teaching Assistant, Graduate School of Library and
Information Science, UIUC (2004 – 2005)
- Assisted with graduate level courses in electronic
publishing and document modeling.